Saturday 29 September 2012

NOTD: Julep Daisy

Hey fellow polishers!  Have you ever got a polish that you liked in the bottle or have heard lots of people rave about how great of a colour it is, then when right before you put it on you weren't 100% sure you were going to like it?  Julep Daisy is one of those colours for me.  When this colour was released from Julep, there were so many Mavens talking about how great of a colour it is and how much they love it.  So when Julep had their Beat the Heat Flash Sale I decided to get it, even though I'm not a big fan of the colour yellow.

When I did the post about my Flash Sale package, my sister modelled Daisy for me so I thought I would give it a shot myself :)



I was pleasantly surprised that I LOVED this colour!  I would describe it as school bus yellow.  It's very golden and reminds me of school buses :)  This would be a great colour to use for Back to School Nails.  This is 3 coats, so it does take a lot to build it up, and it uses a lot of polish, but I love it.  This would be a polish I wouldn't mind getting again in a Mystery Box.  I don't know how often I would wear it on its own, but because it takes so much polish to build opacity it would be nice to have a backup :)

What do you guys think of this polish colour?  Would it be something you would wear on its own or would you use it only as a base colour for nail art?

2 comments:

  1. I am a huge Julep fan. This is one that I don't have, as I too am not a fan of yellow. My daughter's favorite color is yelloe though, so I may have to get it for her, and if I do, I will try it out for sure. It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It really is a great colour! :D I was iffy about it at first but when I put it on I was shocked at how much I loved it :D If they have a Flash Sale I would definitely recommend getting it :D

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.