Tuesday 21 August 2012

NOTD: China Glaze Under the Boardwalk

Morning ladies!

I have for you today one of my new favourite colours :D  I ordered this from Nail Polish Canada a few weeks ago to create some Gradient Jelly Sandwiches, inspired by Stephanie over at Sincerely Stephanie.  See my nail mail post here.

I chose to paint my nails with China Glaze Under the Boardwalk all on its lonesome and I'm so glad I did :D  I love this colour, it's one of my new favourites ;D  Because it's purple-ish?  Probably!




 Because it's a pretty neon?  Yup!  Although these pictures in the bright sunlight show this colour as a bright neon, in indoor lighting it's not as bright and eye catching, but that's another reason why I love it, it's so versatile and gives it more character!  Although I can get away with wearing pretty well anything at the office (mom's the boss) I feel like this colour could be deemed "safe" for office wear where rules are more strict.  Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of it not in the sunlight so you probably don't believe me :P

However, though Stephanie included this colour in her list of "jellies to buy for jelly sandwiches", and though I'm not thoroughly versed on what a jelly polish is and what it isn't, I feel like this is more of a creme polish.  This colour went on in 2 coats, and there was pretty good coverage for the first coat.  I'm not out to prove you wrong Stephanie, but I don't think this is a jelly :)  Doesn't matter to me though, I love the colour so I will be using it more often :)  I think some nail art with this colour is in order!

Would you be able to wear something like this at work?  I'm always interested to know what people can get away with for nail polish at work because I know a lot of companies are fairly strict with their dress code.  Where I work, I can wear pretty well anything on my nails -- I have even worn China Glaze's Yellow Polka Dot Bikini to work!  And there was a time before that when I wore LA Colors Shock (a very vibrant bright yellow-orange) and a man said to me "I love your nails!"

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashesela! I am definitely straying away from traditional nail colours :D

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.