Friday 17 August 2012

Elixir Lacquers Swatches

Alright ladies, here's what everyone has been waiting for!  Swatches from my Elixir Lacquers part of my nail haul this week!  Let's jump right in, shall we?  :D

First up, we have A Mermaid's Tale.  This is a beautiful teal with a shimmer of purple.  The shimmer is very slight, but it's definitely there.  I apologize for the flash photos -- there is so much sparkle and shine in this polish that my camera didn't take the best photos.







I love this colour.  I didn't know what to expect when I first ordered it, but I loved the look of it in swatches I saw in the polish comminuty so I decided to bite the bullet and get it.  I'm not one for polishes with loads of glitters because to be honest, it's a pain in the rump to take it off, even with the tinfoil method.  But this polish went on so smooth, and came off without me looking like I just beat up a fairy!  I would definitely recommend this colour to anyone who loves teals, or wants to try something outside of their comfort zone.  This was a colour that I kept looking at all day (I work on a computer so I don't look overly crazy if I pretend I'm watching my finger placement as I type, lol!) and never got tired of it, nor was I self-concious about wearing it! :D

Next up, we have Miss Kitty's Mee-yow :D  I got my sister Shannon, who was home to visit while I was swatching these colours, to swatch for me, and she wanted her nails this colour :)  I was a nice big sister and let her pick what she wanted to do hers with before choosing what I did mine with, lol!




Ohhh laaaaa laaaaa!  I LOVE this colour and cannot wait to paint my own this colour!  I am a purple-a-holic so this colour makes me go ga-ga :D  I love the colour of the purple and the shimmer of the blue that is throughout it ... *sigh* I think I'm in love with this polish :D  For those of you who love shiny things, this colour is for you!  Look at how the flash reflected off those nails! :O

Ok, before I get distracted looking at the purple too long, let's move on, lol!  Lastly we have Tease.  Again, this is one that I wasn't sure what to expect but because I looked at swatches before buying, I knew I would love it when I got it :D





I think this is my new favourite pink!  The pearl of this colour is absolutely AMAZING!  I took these pictures outside (I managed to get my nails done in time to capture them in the natural light) so I think that the blue skies above are somewhat reflecting off the polish so it looks slightly blue-er than it really is, even with the purple to blue shifting shimmer in it.  This colour reminds me of the inside of a seashell :D  If you aren't overly adventurous in your polish colours but want to try something new, this would be a great colour to start with.  The pink is very "conservative" but when you see it with the shimmer flowing through it, it gives it tons of character :D

All swatches are with 3 coats of polish with basecoat (Sally Hansen Hard as Wraps) and topcoat (Revlon Quick Dry Topcoat).

These are all great polishes.  I think out of these 3, I would rank them Tease as #1, Miss Kitty's Mee-yow as #2 and A Mermaid's Tale #3 in order of "love it".  I might change that when I try Miss Kitty's Mee-yow on my own nails, but that's how it stands right now :D

You can purchase Elixir Lacquers polish here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.